I. Personal data controller
THE CLINIC MEDICAL s.r.o.
The controller is a provider of health services in accordance with Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on health services and conditions of their provision, as amended.
II. Purpose(s) of personal data processing
We process your personal data for the purpose of
- provision of health services
- reporting of reimbursed health services
- billing of non-reimbursed health services
- communicating your health information to you and other authorised persons
- organisation of the provision of health services (patient ordering)
- keeping records of our income and expenses, payments received and management as stipulated by the tax and accounting regulations
III. Legal basis for the processing of personal data
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data referred to in Article II is
- fulfilment of our legal obligation (in particular Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on health services and conditions of their provision, Act No. 48/1997 Coll., on public health insurance, Act 563/1991 Coll., on accounting, Act No. 586/1992 Coll., on income taxes, Act No. 634/1992, on consumer protection)
- fulfilment of the obligations arising from the health care contract under which we provide you with health services (this contract need not be concluded in writing)
IV. Recipients of personal data
In compliance with the provisions of the legislation, in addition to you, the recipients of your personal data may be in specific cases: health service provider, public authorities and persons entitled to inspect medical records pursuant to Section 31, Section 32, Section 33 and Section 65 of Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on health services and conditions of their provision. To ensure the purposes described above, personal data may be processed, in addition to the controller, also by processors on the basis of contracts on the processing of personal data concluded in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We do not transfer your personal data abroad.
V. Period of personal data processing
The personal data contained in the medical records are processed for the period specified in Decree No. 98/2012 Coll., on medical documentation. Personal data processed for other purposes listed in Article III are processed for a period specified by law or for as long as you are our patient and then for a period of one year after you cease to be our patient.
VI. Rights of the data subject
In the processing of personal data, you have the following rights regarding the protection of your personal data:
- right to request from us access to your personal data;
- right to rectification of your personal data that we process;
- right to restriction of processing. Restriction of processing means that we must mark your personal data whose processing has been restricted and for the duration of the restriction we may not continue to process them with the exception of their storage. You have the right to restriction of processing if
- you deny the accuracy of personal data, for a period necessary for us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but you require them for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to the processing referred to in Article VII below, until it is verified whether our legitimate grounds for processing override your interests or rights and freedoms;
- right to erasure of personal data. The right to erasure of personal data applies only to personal data that we process for purposes other than the provision of health services. We may not erase data that we maintain about you for the purpose of providing health services (e.g. in medical records);
- right to data portability. You may ask us to give you your personal data for the purpose of transferring them to another personal data controller or to transfer them to another personal data controller by ourselves. However, you only have this right with respect to data we process automatically based on your consent or an agreement with you. We may provide the data we maintain about you for the purpose of providing health services (e.g. in medical records) only to you and under the statutory conditions to another health service provider or a public authority.
- right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data constitutes a violation of the legislation on personal data protection. You may lodge the complaint with the supervisory authority at the place of your habitual residence, the place of employment or the place where the alleged violation occurred. In the Czech Republic, the supervisory authority is the Office for Personal Data Protection, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Prague 7, www.uoou.cz.
VII. Right to object to processing
In the case that we process your personal data for the purposes of the legitimate interests of ours or others (the legal bases for processing are set out in Article III), you have the right at any time to object to such processing. You may raise an objection at our address specified in Article I. If you raise such an objection, we will be entitled to continue such processing only if we demonstrate serious legitimate reasons for processing that override your interests or rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
VIII. Compulsory processing and the obligation to provide personal data
The processing of your personal data for the purposes of the provision of health services is a legal requirement. The failure to provide your personal data may mean that we will not be able to provide you with health services, which can result in harm to your health or direct danger to your life (Section 41 (1) (d) of Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on health services and conditions of their provision). The obligation to provide the patient’s personal data also applies to his/her legal representative or guardian (Section 41 (2) of Act No. 372/2011 Coll., on health services and conditions of their provision).